Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: WARNING: Unable to find appropriate interface for system route to ...

From: kx <kxmail () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:13:03 -0400

Bottom line, something in nmap or dnet is having difficulty getting
system routes, and it appears to be most common on *BSD kernels on
non-ethernet adapters.

Gianluigi, can you please send the output of "nmap --iflist" from nmap 4.01?

Can you also please send the output of your "ifconfig -a" on OS X?

And last but not least, would you be willing to try working your way
up from nmap 3.81 to 4.01 and let us know what is the first version of
nmap that breaks?  I know that is asking a lot, but it would be the
most valuable. Old distributions can be found here:
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/

Thanks again,
  kx