Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SoC: port state reasons

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:51:12 -0700

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 10:45:18PM +0200, Eddie Bell wrote:
On 10/06/06, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

Agreed, the ttl output combined with reasons and IP addresses overwhelms
the output.

Yeah, I can see that.  How about only printing "from <IP>" when IP is
!= the target IP?

I tend to think that we should probably print the
reason information to the XML output even if --reason wasn't
specified, as it shouldn't take much more computation or inflate the
filesize dramatically.

Thats good because a lot of the reason code assignments are not
worth doing conditionally, so get executed even if --reason is not
specified

Makes sense.  Though we should probably ensure that all or none of the
reason codes are conditional.  We don't want to print partial results,
even to XML output.

Cheers,
-F