Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SoC: port state reasons

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:45:18 +0200

On 10/06/06, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

Great points.  In fact, I'm starting to worry that even showing the
ttl in verbose mode may clutter things up too much.  How about just
placing the ttl in the XML output for now.  Afterward, someone could
potentially write the code to look for discrepancies where the TTL
response differs between ports, then print a notice to normal output
in that case.

Agreed, the ttl output combined with reasons and IP addresses overwhelms
the output.

I tend to think that we should probably print the
reason information to the XML output even if --reason wasn't
specified, as it shouldn't take much more computation or inflate the
filesize dramatically.

Thats good because a lot of the reason code assignments are not
worth doing conditionally, so get executed even if --reason is not
specified

- eddie