Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nexthost: failed to determine route to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

From: Damian Gerow <dgerow () afflictions org>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:01:32 -0400

Thus spake kx (kxmail () gmail com) [12/04/06 10:54]:
: I don't have a BSD box around to try this out, but it would be
: interesting if you or someone else who could recreate the issue could
: run "nmap --iflist" (which calls getsysroutes), and trace the code and
: see which method is being used to fill in the route table and what is
: going on, and why nmap is only getting the routes for you loopback
: device (lo0).  If it is using the /proc/net/route method, you might
: try forcing that to fail in code, and then see what happens when it
: uses dnet.  If it is using dnet already, then dnet might need an
: upgrade.

I'll see what I can do, but I may not get to it for a couple of days.

FWIW, this install doesn't have a /proc.  So it's likely using dnet, which
is currently at 1.10.  I can't find a changelog for 1.10 -> 1.11, so I can't
tell what's changed.