Nmap Development mailing list archives

compiling nmap on windows with nmake

From: Alex Prinsier <aphexer () mailhaven com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:22:18 +0200

To ease the compilation of nmap on windows I wrote a few makefiles's
which can be used with nmake. So now you don't need visual studio
anymore to build :)

I was hoping if someone could try them out, and tell me whether the
scripts are useful or not.

To use them:
-Unpack the zipfile over the nmap source tree.
-start the "Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt"
-cd to the nmap directory
-start compile.cmd :)

Btw: you can set the default configuration in visual studio from "debug"
to "release" by going to the properties of the solution, there select
"configuration properties", hit the "configuration manager..." button
and choose "Release" as active solution configuration. Perhaps it's a
good idea to put that by default in the nmap releases.

Alex