Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible WinPcap problems

From: "王敬" <bossf8 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 14:19:38 +0800

yes,peter read

2006/5/3, AgentSmith15 <agentsmith15 () gmail com>:

There isn't a proxy that I know of, so does anyone else have Road
Runner and is having the same problem?

On 5/2/06, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 12:13:49AM -0500, AgentSmith15 wrote:
When I do a nmap scan no matter the host it reports all the ports it
scans as open. I don't have a firewall running or anything like that
except a router but I doubt it would affect a Nmap scan. I am running
Windows XP SP2 fully patched.

I really don't know what the problem is but I suspect it is a problem
with WinPcap. I have unistalled WinPcap and reinstalled it but it
still gives me the same problems. Does anyone have some suggestions on
how to fix this problem?

Maybe you have some sort of bizarre transparent proxy sending back
syn/ack to every port.  This is probably not a WinPcap problem.  Would
you send us (nmap-dev) the output of the following command?

nmap -p20-26 -sV -r --packet-trace scanme.nmap.org

Cheers,
Fyodor

--
peter