Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSA tracking open source security tools

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:41:25 -0800

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 06:50:30AM -0600, Herb Martin wrote:

Not even close to illegal -- you have been
mislead by lies from the left.

Please don't send political rants (on either side of this or oher
issues) to the Nmap development list.  I realize I share much of the
blame for inciting this by inserting my opinion with those two words
("IMHO illegally"), but the point of my message was just to
demonstrate the reach of some of our favorite open source tools.  Not
to start a debate on the merits or legality of the NSA tapping our
phone calls and emails.

By the way, if anyone locates better pictures of the even that more
clearly show the tools list, please let me know.

Now back to Nmap development,
Fyodor