Nmap Development mailing list archives

Improving xsl stylesheet

From: Benjamin Erb <iumvoodoo () web de>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 23:29:24 +0100

Hi,

I'll have some free time in the next days so I'd like to improve the
stylesheet used for nmap.
I already got some ideas what to change and to improve. For instance,
I'd like to make the
stylesheet work with Transformiix (the current sheet got some problems
so I had to disable
timestamp conversion on Mozilla-based viewers). Also the stylesheet for
printing could have
a better layout. And  I also want to make the output more efficient.

However, there are some general issues I am really note sure about.
Should I add more comfortable functions based on JavaScript? Or should I
try to do strip
anything but plain XHTML code?
Should there be an unified simple style for all uses or should it
contain (more) special styles
for screens, printers, handhelds etc.?
Is there anything important missing in the current stylesheet or do you
have any suggestions?

Once again, I'll stick to the current nmap.dtd shipped with the source
of the current release.

Regards,
Benjamin Erb