Nmap Development mailing list archives

Issue in displaying Mac Address

From: Tape Mike <miktap33 () yahoo fr>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:32:18 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

  I have a small problem. I am no longer able to have the MAC Address displayed when running a nmap -sP command (but
not only with this option) on a Solaris box which has been re-installed.
  I was expecting an ouput in 2 lines per host:

  Host 192.168.1.1 appears to be up.
MAC Address: 00:11:92:06:AD:69 (Cisco Systems)

  But I only get one line.
  Host 192.168.1.1 appears to be up.

  I have tried with both the restored version 3.75 (in-house compiled) of the version 3.93 (Sunfreeware) and I have
still the same result.

  Am I missing a package ? Could some one help me ?

  Thank you.