Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: windows (unfortunately)

From: Ronak Sutaria <rsutaria () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:08:09 -0400

Actually, we are trying to debug that same problem here. So far my
analysis is as follows:

If, incase, you are running XP SP1, then you might have some hope- tho
I've not tested this particular fix. Details are available here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897656

I've tested this, and details are also available online, that this fix
does not work for SP2.

Your best bet right now would be to do a full connect() scan, which is -sT
(-sF -sV will also work) These dont use raw sockets and so they work
fine, but are ofcourse slower and more noisy.

Ronak

Message: 1