Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: windows (unfortunately)

From: Michael Bryant <michaelbryant () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 12:33:08 +0100

If you're new to linux I'd recommend Ubuntu. It's one of the most user
friendly distros i've seen.
You can get it from http://ubuntulinux.org

Emmanuel Goldstein wrote:

Best advice I can give (although a little suspicious of a 13 year old's
intention of using nmap): install a Linux or Unix operating system
somewhere and run nmap from that.

;-P Definitely suspicious xDD
He's right, as you are 13, the best thing you can do is start learning
a "proper" operating system. I'd recommend Fedora Core as its quite
powerful and amazingly easy to install and use. You can get it at
fedora.redhat.com
Be careful partitioning your hard disk. If you dunno how to do it, get
yourself a new one (you can get a very decent one for less than
50USD/Euros), install it, and then run the Fedora Live CD. I will
install almost on it's own.
Good luck. mate