Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: 3.90 Segmentation Fault ;-(

From: "Craig Humphrey" <Craig.Humphrey () chapmantripp com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:32:08 +1200

Hi Fyodor,

Just confirming (now with 3.91) that nmap is compiling with
-fno-strict-aliasing.
And I still get the segfault :(

Put the -fno-strict-aliasing in the Makefile for libpcap, now it works
like a treat!

Which leaves the question, is it a core libpcap issue, or just your
modded version? (You're still modding it right? Or am I confusing this
with another project...)

Note: I tried taking it out of nmap's Makefile, but then it's back to
the "Failed to determine the netmask of ! : No such device" error.

Hope that helps.

Later'ish
Craig