Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: question about nmap

From: Bob Monkhouse <systeminspection () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:55:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I too reported this problem a while ago and have yet
to learn a fix to the problem, However I am running
Windows XP with SP2. I have a Sony Vaio laptop, it
would be interesting to know what hardware you are
running.

Please could you post to the list should you learn a
fix for this problem.

Martin
--- Arman Rizal <inazrabuu () gmail com> wrote:
Hi there,
I just downloaded nmap 3.81 for windows &
winPcap_3_1_beta4, and also
i've installed them on my computer, but when I try
to run nmap, it
wouldn't work and give me error message
"Faulting application nmap.exe, version 2.53.0.1,
faulting module
unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x5f6e4e1a".
Im using windows XP SP1.
Is there something wrong with the downloaded nmap ?
or there was some
mistake on my installation procedure (I was
following the installation
procedure given in the insecure.org) ? or should I
redownload nmap ?
Can you give me some sollution, either its a direct
answer or some
links that i can go through or whatever it is ?
Im looking forward to hear it back from you.
Thank you very much for your time on reading this
email.

Regards,
arman