Nmap Development mailing list archives

question about nmap

From: Arman Rizal <inazrabuu () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 07:07:12 +0700

Hi there,
I just downloaded nmap 3.81 for windows & winPcap_3_1_beta4, and also
i've installed them on my computer, but when I try to run nmap, it
wouldn't work and give me error message
"Faulting application nmap.exe, version 2.53.0.1, faulting module
unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x5f6e4e1a".
Im using windows XP SP1.
Is there something wrong with the downloaded nmap ? or there was some
mistake on my installation procedure (I was following the installation
procedure given in the insecure.org) ? or should I redownload nmap ?
Can you give me some sollution, either its a direct answer or some
links that i can go through or whatever it is ?
Im looking forward to hear it back from you.
Thank you very much for your time on reading this email.

Regards,
arman