Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Raw sockets, MS05-019 and Windows Firewall -- Summary

From: Annie Chang <acaeris99 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:09:10 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the valuable information that you
posted. I remember I was able to use nmap before in
Windows but after a few updates by Microsoft now it
doesn't work anymore. After reading your post I
uninstalled the MS05-019 patch, rebooted, and tried
running nmap again. However it still did not work. The
personal firewall is turned off. I was wondering did
any of the other patches also cause nmap to break? I
have only microsoft service pack 1 installed, not sp2.
However some of the hotfixes that I received from the
microsoft update were also called sp2 hotfixes even
though sp2 isn't installed. Any help to get nmap
working would be appreciated. Thanks again for all the
hard work!

Aeris