Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap not working

From: seniorbango <seniorbango () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:23:25 +0000

Hi

I am having problems getting nmap to work on my pc
i am using Nmap 3.81 on windows xp home with service pack 2, i also
have WinPcap packet capture library version 3.1Beta4.
However when ever i try to scan a host i get the following statement:
Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes, try
-P0.

However i know for a fact that the host is up and alive.
I have allowed nmap through my firewall and still it comes up with
that statement, please help me get nmap to work.

Regards
          Jay