Nmap Development mailing list archives

Problem running nmap

From: "Tony Mullins" <tonyk11 () adelphia net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:43:55 -0500

Hey.  Hope you guys are doing well.

I'm new to nmap, and when I try to run the program, I always get the shutdown and error report from the XP system.  I
generally get two errors, and I've discovered that the program still runs behind the first error, and doesn't shut-down
until I hit the second error close button.  Also, I'm having trouble inputting the preferred IP scan address.  I keep
getting the "WARNING: No targets specified, so 0 hosts scanned."  I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.  I'm trying
to scan my churches site network and servers, so I'd appreciate your help if you can offer it.  I admit that I'm
somewhat an amature, but we're trying to get on the net and be secure at my church, so I'm trying to take the reigns.
Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Tony Mullins
Youth Pastor