Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: problem with nmap-3.81

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 02:20:41 -0800

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 05:16:45PM +0100, Vladan wrote:

C:\Program Files\nmap-3.81>nmap -sT 127.0.0.1

Starting nmap 3.81 ( www.insecure.org/nmap ) at 2005-02-10 00:49 Central
Europe Standard Time
rawrecv_open: SIO_RCVALL failed (10022) on device loopback0

I'm afraid that scanning yourself is not supported on Windows (unless
you use "-sT -P0").  Nmap really should give a better error message in
this case though.  I'll add it to my TODO list.

and then this pops up:

nMap ('nuff said) has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

What version of Winpcap did you install?  Can you run Nmap again, but
with the -d option and send the output?  That should give the Winpcap
version.

Cheers,
Fyodor