Nmap Development mailing list archives

[BUG] fragment scan got broken between 3.50 and 3.75

From: Martin Mačok <martin.macok () underground cz>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:01:19 +0100

On two of my boxes (RH7.3 and MDK9.2 Linux, both 2.4.x), fragmentation
scans works with 3.50 (I see fragmented packets leaving the boxes) and
does not work with 3.75 (the box sends unfragmented traffic). Quick
test suggests that the functions are there but seems not to be called
anymore...

P.S. Make sure you have NOT loaded ip_conntrack module when trying
fragments on Linux since it reassemble them before leaving the box
(maybe it should be mentioned in the manpage).

Martin Mačok
IT Security Consultant