Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap for Cisco Routers

From: MadHat <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:32:26 -0600

On Dec 2, 2004, at 10:10 PM, Ankam, Pankaj wrote:
Hi All,
I am using NMap for finding network devices such as routers, switches,
etc. Is there anyway, by which I can get information from the routers
such as access control list on an interface, currently running services,
etc.
If yes, then can some one point me in the right direction? Web site?
News groups? etc...

Not using nmap by itself.

you can get the info with snmp, sort of. You can get some cisco devices to do a tftp copy of the configs with snmp if you have write permissions. It does depend on the device, but I think most routers and switches support it, while the PIX does not (last I checked). Other than that, you can script out using expect or perl (or others) to log in via ssh or telnet to get the configs.