Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 3.59ALPHA3: Crash this :).

From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva () bgnett no>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:55:34 +0200

"Fyodor" <fyodor () insecure org> said:

Great!  As far as I know, this is the first time someone has
successfully compiled Nmap using a compiler other than Visual Studio
on Windows.

Done that a year ago too. Ref. the thread "nmap 3.3+V-2.99".

Did you test whether things like SYN scanning, connect
scanning, and service scan work?  It would be interesting to benchmark
the MingW-compiled version against VS-compiled.  I've applied your
patch for the next version of Nmap.

I've tested with all tcp and udp scan-types on MingW. I briefly tried
the nmap.dsp project, but gave it up (too many errors).

nmap.exe -sX -P0 -d1 -p1-500 router
Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 103.657 seconds

nmap.exe -sS -P0 -d1 -p1-500 router
Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.781 seconds

nmap.exe -sV -P0 -d1 -p1-500 router
The SYN Stealth Scan took 1.45s to scan 500 total ports.
..
Initiating service scan against 1 service on router (10.0.0.1) at 22:46
Unexpected nsock_loop error.  Error code 10022 (Unknown error)

10022 is WSAEINVAL. Must be in wait_for_events() and select(), but
I failed to follow the logic.

--gv