Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: raw-sockets and Win-XP SP2

From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva () bgnett no>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:16:57 +0200

"Leigh" <hst () iprimus com au> said:

It is confirmed. Message reply taken from Windows XP SP2 Beta listserv, and
since when is Nmap an "attack tool"??. I know Nmap (and any other decent

Do you have the subscribtion address for this mailing-list?

"Leigh" <hst () iprimus com au> wrote in message
news:Og1iPjhWEHA.232 () CPMSFTNGSA04 privatenews microsoft com...
I have heard a "rumour" :) that there are plans to remove raw sockets
(and/or support for packet.dll) in the final release of SP2? is this
correct?

Don't hope support for packet.dll is affected. How would that be if so?
SP2 denying npf.sys to load and run or prevent it attaching to the NDIS
layer?

--gv