Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: raw-sockets and Win-XP SP2

From: "Leigh" <hst () iprimus com au>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:22:30 +1000

I have the same problem (even though the grc.com socket test says "full raw sockets are available" under RC2 beta 2) and this was the case under XP SP1 & SP2. However, nmap says no raw sockets available on my dialup (ppp0) connection but on my two nic's (eth0/1) it is rawsock a.o.k.

Like you, I too have to use -P0 and -sT to get any port showing up in the results. Using syn stealth yields no results except saying the ports are filtered. This could be normal I dont know what to expect as I am relatively new to nmap.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean Warnock" <removeme_news () warnocksolutions com>