Nmap Development mailing list archives

Assertion `pt->down_this_block > 0' failed.

From: Beirne Konarski <beirne () neo rr com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:21:14 -0400

I'm running nmap-3.50, built by hand,  on several Compaqs running RedHat
AS2.1.  I'm scanning large numbers of systems looking for several ports.  I'm
running it in the form:

nmap --randomize_hosts -n -iL file_of subnets -sU -sS -p 135,139,445  -oG -

What often happens is I get the following assertion failure:

nmap: targets.cc:196: int hostupdate (Target **, Target *, int, int, int,
timeout_info *, timeval *, timeval *, pingtune *, tcpqueryinfo *, pingstyle):
Assertion `pt->down_this_block > 0' failed.

Apparently the host number is losing synchronization with the range of current
hosts.  What can I do about this problem?

Thanks,
Beirne

--
Beirne "Bern" Konarski
beirne () neo rr com    "Untouched by Scandal"