Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap and XML Output Questions

From: Stou Sandalski <stou.sandalski () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:48:10 -0700

IE should open it, and i don't see why excel like applications would
need to or want to open xml files that have nothing to do with
'excel-like' activities... I have an app that successfully reads nmap
output but since its pretty pathetic right now i'll wait either a
month or untill its not so embarassing before i release it'.  Database
servers like DB2 and MSSQL i think even some mysql and postgresql
implementations can read xml files and store them in databases (just
FYI, its better then excel tables)

The only 'thing' (can't say a problem) i see with the nmap xml output
is that the OS/machine type is free text so subsequent processing with
a front-end or other type of application is kind of unclean.