Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap 3.50 Oddity on FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE

From: eric <eric-nmap () catastrophe net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:24:23 -0600

Thinking that I'd get around the following problem, I switched my
attack host from OpenBSD to FreeBSD. However, when using the
following attack method...

sudo nmap -sS -p '1-65535' -g 53 -oG foo.gnmap  -T 4 -iL foo.list

I get the following..

sendto in send_ip_raw: sendto(6, packet, 28, 0, 10.51.55.0, 16) =>
Can't assign requested address
Sleeping 15 seconds then retrying

foo.list contains the following

$ cat foo.list
10.51.55.0/25
172.16.0.0/18

etc..

This is on FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE with all current patches and a
GENERIC kernel. If there's any more information you need, please let
me know. Note: doing a SYN scan against hosts doesn't cause this
problem, only using an input list.

- Eric