Nmap Development mailing list archives

SQL logging for nmap 3.48

From: "Hasnain Atique" <hatique () hasnains com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:08:34 +0800

Everyone,

Attached is my patch to allow nmap to log it's findings to mysql. When I
do assessments, I tend to compare the currently open ports with ports
found few weeks or months ago -- to see what's changed. Instead of
keeping hardcopy, I figured I should just log it to mysql, and then
write a front end that can do the comparison for me. When you have
dozens of hosts to keep track of, you easily appreciate the
functionality.

The patches are against three source files from the nmap-3.48
distribution. The files are main.cc, output.cc and nmap.cc. Main.cc was
modified for initialization, nmap.cc to enable handling -oQ, and
output.cc is where the SQL capture code is. In particular, the
printportoutput() function has been added to. That's the only major
change. README.sql file in the package explains the tables and how to
get it compiled.

Please let me know what you think of it or if you find bugs with it.

Thanks,

-- Hasnain