Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: winpcap3/PPP probs

From: Andy Lutomirski <luto () stanford edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:36:30 -0700

Mr Potato Head wrote:

> I use Winpcap 3.2 with Nmapwin v1.3.0 and it works OK on a PPP connection. It also works on Ethernet but I have never tried it over the wireless connection.

Do you mean winpcap 2.3 (there is no 3.2 AFAIK)? The nmap windows layer, as far as I can tell (which ought to be accurate -- I wrote it), will not use winpcap for PPP -- it uses SOCK_RAW.

If anyone on this list finds that PPP works when winpcap 2.3 is installed but fails with 3.0+, please send me the output from:

nmap --win_trace --win_list_interfaces

You can snip off the IPs if you prefer.  I'd like to nail this problem.

Thanks,
Andy