Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 3.27 possible configure/make bug on Linux

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:12:49 -0700

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 09:57:30AM +0900, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
[...]
checking for g++... no
[...]
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

Is this a bug in the configure script? Shouldn't it issue an error if
anything required for compilation is missing?

I am not sure how common this problem is, but I would accept a patch
that gives an error earlier (when looking for g++).

Cheers,
-F