Nmap Development mailing list archives

3.27 possible configure/make bug on Linux

From: Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc () mega-bucks co jp>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:57:30 +0900

Firstly, if this is the wrong list for compilation problems/question sorry ... please let me know what the right forum for such question is.

System: Linux custom 2.4.19-pre9-xfs kernel

I may have found a small bug in the configure script while trying to compile nmap 3.27. ./configure runs fine but I can get a make error complaining about a missing g++ compiler.

# make
g++ -c -g -Wall -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Ilibpcap-possiblymodified -Inbase -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNMAP_VERSION=\"3.27\" -DNMAP_NAME=\"nmap\" -DNMAP_URL=\"www.insecure.org/nmap/\" -DNMAP_PLATFORM=\"i686-pc-linux-gnu\" -DNMAPDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/nmap\" -Ilibpcap-possiblymodified main.cc -o main.o
make: g++: Command not found
make: *** [main.o] Error 127

It's true I don't have g++ installed but I do have gcc installed and ./configure didn't issue any warning or errors about anything missing.

# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
[...]
checking for g++... no
[...]
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

Is this a bug in the configure script? Shouldn't it issue an error if anything required for compilation is missing?

Thanks,

--

Jean-Christian Imbeault