Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 3.25 `pt->down_this_block > 0' assertion failure

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:28:24 -0700

On 2003-04-20, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

o Fixed (I hope) problem where Nmap would abort, complaining that
  "Assertion `pt->down_this_block > 0' failed".  Thanks to
  ray () 24hoursecurity org and mugz () x-mafia com for reporting and
  helping me debug this problem.

Notsomuch ;(  My first attempt running 3.25 against a substantial target
list (several class B's) of mostly-firewalled hosts resulted in the
above assertion failure.  I attempted to reproduce it (just reran with
exactly the same options); nmap apparently got a hundred or so hosts
further, and then segfaulted.

I just released 3.26 at
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/nmap_download.html which may fix the
problem.  If you still have this trouble, please let me know.

Cheers,
-F