Nmap Development mailing list archives

Strange NMAP problem on XP machine

From: "Nick O'Neill" <n_oneill () btopenworld com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:23:02 +0100

Hi

I have been using nmap under linux very successfully for a long time now.
Excellent utility chaps , thanks very much.  I recently installed this on my
works laptop which is running XP.  I am using the command line only version
3.00.  When I attempt to scan a machine nmap reports that the host is down
try P0.  However, I can ping the target no probs and when I packet sniff I
can see nmap sending echos and getting echo replies.  It also attempts to
connect to port 80 which the target machine resets.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Nick