Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: max_sd() upper limit hardcoded 250?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:32:32 -0700

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 05:43:55PM -0500, William McVey wrote:
I grew tired of seeing the:
      WARNING:  Your specified max_parallel_sockets of XXX,
      but your system says it might only give us 250.

Wow.  What type of max_parallelism do you use?  Is it always reliable
for you?

For setting the default max_width, it seems  probably better
to use something like MAX_SOCKETS_ALLOWED, or constructing a new #define
for this value (and ideally taking it out of the max_sd() function).

OK, I've killed the fascist socket limitations for the next version of
Nmap (which I hope to have out this weekend).  Nmap will now whine a
bit if you specify more than 900 (!), but it will do as you say.  It
also has a few other little features, like IPv6 support and being
restructured for C++ :).

Cheers,
Fyodor