Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: performance issues

From: BlackHat.Info <blackhat () needguide com>
Date: 3 Apr 2002 03:33:34 -0800

huh?

In my case, I've noticed fast scan performance averages ~300 seconds compare to BETA31 ~500secs. See nmap in action in
www.blackhat.info project.

Cheers.

On Tue, 02 April 2002, "Andy Lutomirski" wrote:

Here's a good one:

I run nmap -sS -P0 -n -r -v -d -d -p1-1000 <win2k box on local ethernet>, and it takes awhile.  The debug shows that
retries are needed.  If I add --scan_delay 1, no (or very few) packets are dropped, and the scan completes much
faster.  I get the fastest results with --max_parallelism 1 (w/o scan_delay), but --max_parallelism 2 does not have
nearly the same effect.

If I add --win_norawsock, then the speeds are much increased without either max_parallelism or scan_delay, for
--max_parallelism 1 is still the fastest.

To add insult to injury, port 389 comes up filtered if and only if I do not set --win_nor (so that sends are over
real raw sockets).

WTF is happening?

Andy Lutomirski