Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: 2 ideas for NMAP, 1 open question

From: "D." <dugely () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 19:29:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi nmap-dev,

Interestingly enough, I proposed the idea of an
ARP scan a while back, and wrote some code that would
add a new option, -PR, which used Libnet to preform
ARP ping scanning. To apply this patch, you may have
to get 2.54BETA27. Here's the patch:

http://www.hcsw.org/nmap/nmap-2.54BETA27-arp-patch.tgz

I personally think it'd probably be a bad idea to
put Libnet into nmap, which is why I didn't pursue
this patch. Also, I found out that it's quite
difficult to make raw link level packets in a
portable fashion. Let me know what you think,

Doug