Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMAP for Windows

From: "Jay Freeman \(saurik\)" <saurik () saurik com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:35:55 -0500

Kwee:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/, click download, then download the source and
expand it (might only be in a tar, gz form, so you will definitely need
something like WinZip, which supports that, to open it).  Make sure to get
the beta (i.e., quite stable and highly tested) version (2.54b28), not the
"stable" (i.e., so old no one uses it anymore unless they like the idea of
"stable") version (2.53).  If you look in the mswin or mswin32 folder or
whatever, there is a VC++ project file and a README that explains where to
get the necessary package capture driver.  BTW, you should really get
service pack 5, probably not _required_ to compile nmap, but its a really
good idea to have it.

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik () saurik com