nanog mailing list archives

Re: Meta outage

From: Michael Rathbun <mdr () tesp com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 13:16:40 -0600

On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:06:11 -0500, Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:

It's making the general press this hour so of course you already know about it but my question is this: who peers with
meta and have you seen BGP sessions drop or the like? Do you operate meta CDN nodes in your network? Are they
screaming for help?

This doesn't sound like it's a network layer problem but I'm curious.

What I found intriguing was that I was logged out by Google Docs at the
same moment FB logged me out.  Downdetector showed a number of other
supposedly unrelated services with large outage report spikes at roughly
the same time.

mdr
--
         "There are no laws here, only agreements."
                -- Masahiko