nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Hypothetical" Datacenter Overheating

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 01:37:47 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Beecher" <beecher () beecher cc>

It's certainly one of many possible root causes which someone doing an
AAR on an event like this should be thinking about, and looking for in
their evaluation of the data they see.

And I'm sure they are and will.

By the time that post was made, the vendor had shared multiple updates
about what the actual cause seemed to be, which were very plausible. An
unaffiliated 3rd party stating 'maybe an attack!' when there has been no
observation or information shared that even remotely points to that simply
spreads FUD for no reason.

I didn't see any of them in the thread, which was the only thing I was paying
attention to, so those are fact not in evidence to *me*.

I didn't see an exclamation point in his comment, which seemed relatively
measured to me.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com