nanog mailing list archives

Re: One Can't Have It Both Ways Re: Streamline the CG-NAT Re: EzIP Re: IPv4 address block

From: Giorgio Bonfiglio via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 00:40:11 -0800

2) Assume that Google decided that they would no longer support IPv4 for any of their services at a specific date a
couple of years in the future. […] I really expect something like this to be the next part of the end game for IPv4.

It’s never gonna happen … why would Google, or any other internet property, launch something which artificially cuts
the potential revenue pool to IPv6-ready customers?

I’m with you it would be amazing and a strong driver, but it’s just not in the realm of possibility…