nanog mailing list archives

Re: Akamai AANP minimum traffic?

From: Clayton Zekelman <clayton () MNSi Net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 14:37:39 -0500

We got our caches around 2000 or so.  They pulled them a few years ago.

If I recall, they couldn't put hardware with private keys loaded on them in ISP networks without them having physical security of the machines, and most of the content they were serving up seemed to need encryption.

At 02:29 PM 2024-02-22, Aaron1 wrote:
Akamai AANP was the first CDN in my network… ~2010’ish ¦I forget what the minimum requirement was back then, but wanted to let you know that around 2018/2019 they started telling me they wanted to pull the caches from my network. It wasn’t until like last year sometime that they were telling me they would no longer support it and we need to work with them to drain and remove it. So we did. No more AANP for me. I think, like someone else mentioned, a tier 2/3 sized ISP like myself I think was a market they were not after anymore.

Aaron