nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netskrt - ISP-colo CDN

From: Bryan Holloway <bryan () shout net>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 08:44:47 +0200

Agreed ... it generally doesn't make sense to install caches where the content is just a few racks over.

But if you have a network that serves smaller population centers where CDNs are sparse or non-existent, then it gets the content closer to the eyeballs and saves considerably on transport bandwidth back to "civilization."