nanog mailing list archives

RE: Netskrt - ISP-colo CDN

From: Dennis Burgess via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 16:32:33 +0000

They are not a CDN themselves, they partner with CDNs etc, and focusing on live video streams.  For FREE, you will peer
with their device and they will send you one prefix.  That prefix will be used by CDNs if they have provisioned your
IPs with NetSkrt.  Live streaming video will be grabbed from Amazon and delvered to the NetSkrt appliance once, and
then all other streams within your netblock will be directed to that single IP on the NetSkrt device, therefore, you
receive one stream from the internet, and the rest of the network will get that same stream from that box.

Again, I have several customers doing this, seeing that its FREE, all you have to do is give them information on the
/30 that you will assign it, your BGP peering information and that’s about it.  Very simple.  Honestly, unless you have
something that will deliver that transit, its really a no brainer to just install it and let it run.  As more services
opt to use them, they will have more fill time as well though…

Dennis