nanog mailing list archives

Re: Opengear alternatives that support 5g?

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 19:14:39 +0200

On 4/28/24 18:54, Siyuan Miao wrote:

We use GL.inet and set up WireGuard VPNs back to our distributed VPN servers. Our console servers support dual uplink, so we just connect port 1 to the GL.inet LAN and port 2 to our management switch.

Currently, we're still using their LTE model, and it costs ~100 USD per site, but their 5G models are expensive and cost around $500.

At new job, I am looking at using pfSense-based VPN's to create the DCN. It does consume 1U and a couple of cabinet watts for the server, but it's stable, feature-rich, well-supported, and network media agnostic.

Mark.