nanog mailing list archives

Re: Help with removing DNS shinkhole FP from Charter/Spectrum

From: Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 00:38:39 +0000

Bill is absolutely correct. The spammers lost their case because they were demonstrably spammers. We’ve had accidental
black hole cases with *US* providers that removed the block once they received a C&D. If they don’t have iron clad
proof in hand. (More than just a few complaints and no traffic analysis), it’s just the least risky response.

That doesn’t work well with overseas providers, though, because they’re essentially immune to U.S. litigation unless
the plaintiff has deep pockets.

 -mel