nanog mailing list archives

Re: Test Lab Best Practices

From: Aaron Gould <aaron1 () gvtc com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:58:53 -0500

I agree with others here...

Physical lab - gotta have console server for the most control - perle console server is good, and also good ole fashion cisco terminal server (2509/2511 or 2600 with asynch module)

Virtual labs are great for testing features and functionality

- Juniper vLabs

- Cisco DevNet sandbox

- Cisco CML (i think fka VIRL)

- EVE-NG

- GNS3

I use these virtual environments a lot and do videos about them on my youtube channel, where I try to cover some SP-related topics.  Hope it helps

https://jlabs.juniper.net/vlabs/

https://developer.cisco.com/site/sandbox/

https://www.youtube.com/@aarontechtalk

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2ZMKm7ZEEWI8YyRWm9fnYNtRaV-fi-7x