nanog mailing list archives

Re: maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

From: Owen DeLong via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 08:14:38 -0700

On Oct 4, 2023, at 03:18, Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa> wrote:

On 10/4/23 09:27, Elmar K. Bins wrote:

 Justin,

I'm not sure you're not confusing scope here.

Everybody and their sister accept smaller blocks from their customers; we're
all talking about the DFZ here, not customer routes that you aggregate.

Actually, we don't.

From our customers, the most we are accepting today is a /24 and a /48. This is for transit customers with their own
AS and address space.

Of course, if it's a DIA customer, we can assign longer prefixes, but that is internal address space that belongs to
us.

Mark.

Which if you read his message carefully is pretty much exactly what he said.

Owen