nanog mailing list archives

Re: maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

From: "Elmar K. Bins" <elmi () 4ever de>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 11:22:59 +0100

Re Mark,

mark@tinka.africa (Mark Tinka) wrote:

From our customers, the most we are accepting today is a /24 and a /48. This
is for transit customers with their own AS and address space.

Oh sure - I was looking at those customers who might need multihoming to their
ISP, but not multihoming in the DFZ, unlike the ones you're looking at here.

Of course, if it's a DIA customer, we can assign longer prefixes, but that
is internal address space that belongs to us.

Exactly what I was referring to. This is what I believe to be the standard case.

Elmar.