nanog mailing list archives

Re: cogent spamming directly from ARIN records?

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 17:45:30 -0400

Has anyone replied?

If this is a peering request, not sure that is a bad use of the AS contact info.

If it is a sales pitch, then yeah, that’s a problem.

--
TTFN,
patrick

On Oct 2, 2023, at 14:58, Tim Burke <tim () mid net> wrote:

Hurricane has been doing the same thing lately... but their schtick is to say that "we are seeing a significant
amount of hops in your AS path and wanted to know if you are open to resolve this issue".

compliance () arin net is about all that can be done, other than public shaming!

Other outfits have been spamming using the nanog attendees list, but I guess that’s not as bad as the continued
scraping of ARIN records, so I won't call them out... yet, at least. 😊