nanog mailing list archives

Re: maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:20:27 +1100

On 13 Oct 2023, at 08:31, scott <surfer () mauigateway com> wrote:

On 10/11/23 7:47 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
Virtually no home network on the planet has fully functional IPv4 available to it.

Hawaiian Telcom customers have it.  No blocks at all.

So they don’t use NAT?  The internet is a peer-to-peer network.  NAT breaks that.

But I can’t reach IPv6 devices on the Internet from my IPv4 device without a transition box is no
different to I can’t reach IPv4 devices on the Internet from my IPv4 device because PNAT *is* a
transition device.  It’s a bogus complaint and I’m calling it out.

scott

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka () isc org