nanog mailing list archives

Re: xfinity not working

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 22:59:22 -0700

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 6:36 PM Crist Clark <cjc+nanog () pumpky net> wrote:
I had a forced modem upgrade with them earlier this year. I vaguely recall it was not without some frustration, but I
managed to get it done.

I don’t seem to have a problem logging in at
https://login.xfinity.com/login
Is it transient or still persisting for you?

Howdy,

http://www.xfinity.net/activate only responds if you're on an
unactivated cable modem connected to xfinity.

https://login.xfinity.com/login only works if you're not.

And neither one particularly works with Firefox. It's chrome all the way down.

I gave up and installed the app. User name, password, cable modem's
mac address. And now it's activated.

I know it's bad form to bring this sort of thing to NANOG, but come on
guys: get your act together.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--